We only accept dogs for bookings on powered sites, not for cabin accommodation. Bookings must be for stays outside of school holidays and long weekends for ensuite sites and river sites. Pets now allowed during some school holiday periods for a limited amount of sites on application at manager’s discretion. Please contact us directly on 1800 003 031 to discuss your pet and travel needs.At Solitary Islands Resort we recognise that many of our guests enjoy travelling with their four-legged friend. Most dogs are beloved family members that just cannot be left at home.
Well there’s no need to worry, as we are pleased to offer pet friendly sites. In fact – our seasonal cafe is named after our much loved family dog Fletch!
Be assured your whole family, both 2 legs and 4, will be in extra friendly hands. We like to think that we are the top choice for a pet friendly caravan park in northern NSW.
For us to be able to offer this special service, we must have some guidelines in place. We need to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of all guests – those who wish to bring their doggie, and those who don’t.
- We welcome family dogs, that are small to medium in size.
- Bookings must be for stays outside of school holidays and long weekends.
- Bookings with pets during holidays are available on limited sites only and pets are charged at $5 per night – get in quick as these sites go fast!
- We only accept dogs for bookings on powered sites.
- We DO NOT accept dogs for bookings in cabin accommodation.
- When you arrive at our park for your stay, you will be required to sign our pet friendly agreement which outlines the rules relating to your stay at our park.
- Dog owners are liable to a $50 ‘Doggie Fee’ if guest do not follow doggie rules. This helps us to ensure all dog owners adhere to the rules set out below.
- Dogs who have controlled barking, respond to commands and whose owners clean up their mess are the best doggie guests around.
- Remember, dogs will be welcomed at the managers’ discretion.
- Keep your dog leashed at ALL times
- Take your dog with you when you leave your site
- Walk your dog OFF the resort and pick up droppings
- DO NOT take dogs inside cabins, amenities, laundries, pool area or camp kitchen
- DO NOT leave your dog tied up, your dog must go with you when you go out
- Remember your Dog = YOUR responsibility
To help make your trip with your best friend all the more organised and comfortable, there are a couple of things to think of. Perhaps ensure your pet is micro-chipped in case they wander off when you take them out of the park. And check their vaccinations are up to date. Make sure his/her collar and tag are secure. Remember to pack the essentials in doggie’s luggage – food and water bowls, food, fresh water for the drive, lead, bedding, toys and poop-tidy bags. Some guests also carry a doggie first aid kit.