Travel Information (COVID-19)
Is you booking due to Essential Travel?
Solitary Islands Resort will remain open for business for ‘essential’ travel. For guests who are needing to stay with us over the coming weeks and months, we will be supporting and encouraging self-distancing and hygiene measures, so you and your travelling companion/s remain safe, and for the safety of others. It does mean that all leisure facilities will be closed until further notice, this includes, slides, pools, pillows and mini golf course. This way, we will be in the best place to be able to reopen for leisure travel as soon as we are permitted.
Is your planned booking is for Non- Essential?
Due to the new travel restrictions, if you have a non-essential booking within the next 50 days, it is with our deepest regret that we will need to postpone your holiday at this stage.
For guests staying with us over the April School Holidays we are offering flexibility to our existing policies:
- For Easter Long Weekend and April School Holiday periods the amended booking terms allow you to obtain a credit on your guest account of monies paid plus a BONUS $50 credit for your planned stay. The guest account credit may be used at Solitary Islands Resort and will valid for stays within 12 months of the original arrival date.
For Guests staying after the holidays up until the 30th of May 2020:
we have updated our booking terms and conditions and if you wish to cancel providing you give us 14 days notice in writing you are now entitled to a full refund of any monies paid less the $30 cancellation fee.
If you do need to cancel your booking please let us know by responding by email, we will do our best to respond to each email by the end of the week as you can imagine we are being inundated at the moment and we are limiting staff in the office so we can respect social distancing measures.
The situation is continually changing and if there are further updates to our policies based on this, we will provide updates on this page. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Should you have any questions regarding your stay, please call us on 1800 003 031
TERMS & CONDITIONS -
- ARRIVAL TIMES: 2pm for all Villas, Cabins, Huts & Ensuite sites. Earlier check in from 12pm available for Powered River or Standard Powered sites
- Please make prior arrangements with Reception for late arrivals
- Early check-in can be pre-booked for a fee and is dependent on availability
- DEPARTURE TIME: 11am
- Late check-out to be pre-booked for a fee and is dependent on availability
- SITE NUMBERS: We do not guarantee site numbers and your booking could be moved at any time as required due to operational issues
- BOOKING PAYMENTS: off-Peak period bookings - 50% balance required at time of booking & the final balance on arrival
- A non-refundable/non-transferable deposit of $100.00 is required when booking any school holiday period a year in advance
- Easter bookings - 50% balance payment due by 1 August & final balance due by 1 February
- Christmas bookings - 50% balance payment due by 1 June & final balance due by 1 November
- September/October Holiday bookings - 50% balance payment due by 1 March & final balance due by 1 August
- We are not able to offer time extensions for payments
- Please note that a price increase occurs on 1 February each year. Any reservations after this date will incur the increased rate
- Minimum night bookings apply in holiday periods and long weekends.
- PETS: all bookings for pets must be made with our Reservation Team via telephone
- Off-Peak periods - all sites are pet friendly with a maximum of 2 pre-approved pets per site
- School Holidays/Long Weekends - pre-approved pets on limited sites only
- Cabins - pre-approved pets allowed in our pet-friendly cabins only
- Pet Rules Apply - click here to see
- CAMP FIRES - no camp fires allowed on individual sites. A communal camp fire pit is available
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
- A $30.00 administration fee is retained on all cancelled bookings, which is incurred per site or cabin that is booked.
- Unfortunately, we WILL NOT REFUND for reasons of late check-in, early check-out, shortening of stay, illness or poor weather.
- A non-refundable/non-transferable deposit of $100.00 is required when booking any school holiday period a year in advance.
- School Holiday Bookings
- Cancellations providing more than 60 days’ notice in relation to the scheduled arrival date are fully refundable, less a $30 administration fee.
- Cancellations providing 30 to 60 days’ notice in relation to the scheduled arrival date will result in forfeiture of the first night accommodation cost.
- Cancellations inside 30 days of the scheduled arrival date will result in forfeiture of all monies paid.
- Low Season Bookings
- Cancellations providing more than 14 days’ notice in relation to the scheduled arrival date are fully refundable, less a $30 administration fee.
- Cancellations inside 14 days of the scheduled arrival date will result in forfeiture of all monies paid.